The Hope of God’s Rest In Very Trying Times
Here we are in a passage that is mostly a genealogy and in the midst of sin, violence and God judging His creation, but when we examine this genealogy it is clear that the author is reminding us of God’s Covenantal promise to Adam and the hope and rest He will bring in spite of the pain and consequences of our sin.
1. What is the significance of 5:29 in this passage?
2. What does it mean to walk with God (See Genesis 5:22; 6:9)?
3. How does Hebrews 11:5+7 shed light on this set of verses?
4. How can we “Walk” with God?
5. How does 5:1-3 connect our story to Adam and why does that matter?