Why Church? Did Jesus Start One?
There are some in the church that teaches that Jesus never came to start anything, and He definitely didn't come to start a church, but the facts of the New Testament, show otherwise and understanding why Jesus came to start a church and what the church is is very important to us in the 21st century.
Questions To Think Through
1. What are the implications of Jesus’ ‘Incarnation?’
2. In what way(s) is the Church the extension of Jesus’ incarnation?
3. In what way(s) is the Church not the extension of Jesus’ incarnation?
4. In what way(s) is Jesus’ statement regarding the ‘Gates of Hell’ a comfort, or a problem?
5. How has persecution affected the Church throughout history?
6. What do you see as your place in the Church?
7. What are some ways that you have perceived the Church that may hinder your participation in the church?
8. What does the ‘Priesthood’ of believers mean?
9. If true, what are the implications of that?