Why Justice + Mercy
The world's system of Justice is one of law and no mercy or grace. It just sees victims and oppressors with no desire to reconcile or redeem. The gospel compels us to seek justice, but to do so with mercy, since we too deserved justice but received God's mercy at the cross of Jesus.
1. What is justice?
2. What is mercy?
3. In what way(s) is justice and mercy a contradiction? Why are they both needed together?
4. In what way(s) can you show justice and mercy?
5. What keeps us from showing justice and mercy?
6. What would it look like if we all, at Anchor, lived in a way to demonstrate justice and mercy in our communities?
7. How can we see Justice and Mercy as a real value, without falling into a from of legalism or duty?